Wisconsin Initiative for Stigma Elimination
Who we are:
WISE is a statewide coalition of organizations and individuals promoting inclusion and support for all affected by mental illness by advancing evidence-based practices for stigma reduction efforts.
People with lived experience of mental health challenges strategically sharing their story is the current, primary, evidence-based practice and drives the focus of WISE. We promote the power of story.
What we offer - organizational resources:
- WISE Basics- presentation on what stigma is, what research has taught us about how to reduce it (TLC4 model), and a facilitated discussion on what this means for your organization’s efforts
- WISE Guide- online guide to planning that includes Principles for Stigma Reduction, research, tips to support stigma reduction, and support for strategic disclosure
- Consultation- to support the use of the TLC4 model during planning, implementation and evaluation of stigma reduction projects
- Honest, Open, and Proud- facilitated groups to discuss the pros, cons, and a helpful process of decision making about whether, to whom and how to share one’s story
- Evaluation- access to validated stigma reduction evaluation instruments, coordinated evaluation efforts throughout the state, and shared outcomes data
- Networking- connect with organizations and individuals engaged in stigma reduction
- Continuous learning- updates on evidence based practices and current research
- Academic consultant- Access through Rogers InHealth’s paid contract with Patrick Corrigan PhD
- Technical assistance- WISE members offer a wide range of experience and expertise with different facets of stigma reduction programing and diverse populations
What your organization can do for the WISE statewide initiative:
- Enhance WISE members’ expertise in stigma reduction consultation- we always learn by working with new groups!
- Share your specific experience of implementing the TLC4 model in your unique setting
- Collaborate by giving input to statewide stigma reduction efforts through a WISE partnership
- Expand the breadth of data on stigma levels and outcomes of stigma reduction efforts to improve understanding of what works with various populations in our state
- Join WISE! Help expand the statewide network and support stigma reduction efforts